Visitors to Canada Insurance
Visitor & Immigrant Travel Insurance
- We provide more affordable emergency health & medical coverage for visitors to Canada than the top name brand providers.
- Almost everyone can be covered
- Process is fast & easy
We Offer More Affordable Options
Are you looking emergency medical coverage?
- Easy online application
- Online Claims make it quick and easy to send your claim from anywhere using any device.
- Coverage for COVID-19 related emergency medical expenses.
- No waiting period if you apply before arriving in Canada or are replacing an existing emergency medical plan issued by a Canadian insurer.
- Choice of deductible – $0, $100, $500 or $1,000.
- Choice of insurance amount – $25,000, $50,000, $100,000 or $150,000.
- No medical questions if you’re under 55 years of age.
- Side-trip travel coverage for up to 30 days to any other country, as long as the majority of your trip is spent in Canada and there’s no travel advisory to “Avoid non-essential travel” or “Avoid all travel” from the Government of Canada for your destination.
- 24/7 travel assistance service provided in a number of different languages.
- Direct billing with many health providers, so you can keep your money in your pocket.
- Virtual Care for minor emergencies. You can speak to a medical professional over the phone or video instead of having to go to a hospital or clinic.
- Services may include a consultation or medical advice.
- When you call GMS Travel Assistance they’ll determine if virtual care is the best option for you. Some of the things it can help with are: lower back pain, minor sprains and injuries, eye infections, urinary tract infections, skin infections, stomach flu and common cold symptoms.
Covers hospital room and board charges, up to semi-private, unless specified by a physician (if medically necessary, charges for intensive and coronary care units are included).
Covers the cost of treatment by physician or surgeon.
Benefits apply to side-trips outside of Canada of up to 30 days each, excluding visits to your country of origin
Air Ambulance – charges to transport you back to your destination in Canada or your country of origin.
Special Attendant – reimbursement of a one-way trip economy airfare ticket for a medical attendant to accompany you back to your destination in Canada or country of origin for further in-hospital treatment
Escort of Insured Children – reimbursement of the cost of a one-way trip economy airfare to return an accompanying child or children and escort, when necessary, back to your original point of departure